3.30.2008

Adventure 10: Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings (website)
529 State Street
3 Adjectives: Collegiate, busy, stereotypic.
Price: entree (5-16)
Authenticity:
Atmosphere:
Overall:
Other Opinions: judysbook, madisondining, madisonatoz, ulitmatemadisonbartour...
---

Buffalo Wild Wings sits at one of the nicest locations on State and truly works a charm in preaching to the choir. Like their motto claims, "wings. beer. sports." can certainly rake in many college students. At least, that's what most people were eating, drinking, and watching when I went to BWW two Sundays ago.

Buffalo Wild Wings has a nice setup when you first walk into the door. The first floor reminds you of a typical college sports bar and the basement contains more seating area. One problem with the restaurant having two floors, however, is that it's hard to find your waitress if you sit on the floor below. This was precisely our problem when we went dining there - we kept on running out of water and couldn't find our waitress for ages!

The only item that I order at BWW is their wings, since everything else on the menu seems to rest around mediocre. If you go on Tuesdays, they even have a 35 cent wing special. Sadly, I had to contend to the normal pricing of $4 for six. What brings the wings above mediocre, are the sauces and dips that accompany the experience. Feeling a bit bold, I ordered wings with Honey BBQ sauce (heat level 6) and the nice-sounding Mango Habanero sauce (heat level 12). I figured the mango-ness would make up for the heat. However, I was gravely mistaken. After eating two pieces of wings my body was shaking - I have never been so spiced out in my life! Therefore, I'd advise abiding to their heat levels. My friend ordered the chicken bacon burger and said it was average. We topped off our meal with a nice slice of warm apple pie.

Buffalo Wild Wings is a perfect place for the average group of college students to hang out and eat some cheap and tasty wings. With such a great location on campus, the restaurant and bar is sure to attract students for years to come.

1 comment:

Bree said...

Yum! This is my moms favorite place to stop when she's around! Haha! But, now there is one in Monona, so she usually goes there and doesn't have to mingle so much with the college crowd.