8.01.2008

Adventure 24: Capital ChopHouse

Capital ChopHouse (website)
9 East Wilson St.
3 Adjectives: Formal, elegant, classic.
Price: app (7-14) entree (22-43)
Authenticity:
Atmosphere:
Overall:
Other Opinions: madisonatoz, yelp, wisconsinstatejournal...
---
Note from Jahboh: Hey all, I apologize for not being completely on top of things this summer (travel, work, etc). To make things up for the past couple of weeks, starting today I am launching a week's worth of reviews for the next seven days to push out those backlogged adventures. Thanks for all your support for J&T! :)

Tucked under the Residence Inn off the square is Capital Chop House, one of the fanciest restaurants you could ever go to in town. Fancy clothing is a must.

Immediately after walking in, I was greeted by someone offering to take my coat and I was ushered into the beautiful dining area. The interior of the restaurant has a beautiful amber glow. There is a main dining area with a private space off to the side. The bathrooms are stocked for almost any need you have, and even has personal Bath and Body Works lotions to take with you.

Since my visit was for a party, they had a nice vegetable and cheese display off to the side. A sign of fancy in the vegetable plate? Definitely the cooked asparagus that you can dip like any carrot stick. The food at the Chop House was impeccably prepared. I was very impressed since they had about 30 people to serve but the waitstaff remained very quick. My salad was good, my fillet mignon was perfectly prepared, and the cheesecake dessert was extremely rich. The food was definitely standard fancy-restaurant fare and there was nothing remarkable, which in this case may be a good thing.

Due to the extremely high prices, as a college student I probably will never go there again. However, I would recommend Capital Chop House for fancy business meetings or any time you are looking for a classic, delicious meal.

No comments: