1.30.2008

Ahoy Mateys!


Ahoy! My name is Jahboh, and I am a regular diner around the Madison campus. I enjoy eating all sorts of food and tasting a variety of ethnic cuisines. Being a poor college student, I am usually eager to find tasty deals, but I am not afraid to splurge every once in awhile. Hopefully, this will yield an interesting mix of restaurant reviews.

I plan to follow a pretty standard rating system (which will be revised I'm sure as we go along here) evaluating each location using a three- point (or "paw") scale in four categories. These are:
price - This is an easy one; cheap, medium, or expensive?
authenticity - How authentic do the dishes taste in relation to the advertised cuisine? Are they over-Americanized?
atmosphere - How well does the setting and decor complement the food? How appropriate is the noise level?
overall rating - Is this place worth going to again?
In addition, there will be three adjectives that best sums up the location. I also plan on linking to the restaurant website (if available), its location, and linking to other reviews. Finally, there will be a review of the restaurant. If you have other suggestions, please let me know!

Personally - being a snow leopard and all - I am quite the meat eater myself so I usually order tasty meat dishes. However, to give YOU a better sense of what is available on campus, I introduce to you my roommate Tossy.



Hiya! I am Tossy! Every once in awhile, I will drop by to contribute some tasty tips for you vegan readers out there! I really enjoy all sorts of vegan dishes, except salads. Ewwww. Hopefully my dislike for salads will benefit you because I will be suggesting some novel vegan alternatives, that is, alternatives to salad. Cya around.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you reviewed this restaurant. I am new to Madison and I really enjoy trying new restaurants. After you description of L'Etoile, I am very excited to try it. I know you said it was very formal, but is it somewhere I would need to wear a dress/skirt to?

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin!
It's cold out there! By all means you do not have to wear a dress/skirt. I'm sure business casual should be fine. Just don't show up with jeans.

Good luck and if you go you'll have to post on your blog about your trip!
- Jia

Rodney Burayidi said...

Could you give me your opinion of Yummy Buffet. I think it's a college student's dream. Open until 11 and $6 dollars all you can eat. It's better than A8.

Anonymous said...

*magic sparkle dust* Your wish is my command.

Truth to be told I have never been to Yummy Buffet but I have had A8, so now I am curious. Tossy and I shall go soon and post!